Babies grow like weeds! They seem to change right before your eyes, so it is no wonder that you want to capture them as they are now, a beautiful newborn. Every parent wants to have a successful newborn photo session, and there are certain things that you can do to help you get one! Our newborn photographer in Loveland is dedicated to giving you the results that you want, which is why we have come up with the following list of tips for having a successful newborn photo session:
- Feed your baby- A baby that is well fed is more likely to be happy and content, that is why it is so important that you feed (and burp) your baby right before your photo shoot.
- Bring plenty of outfits!- Accidents happen, so it is important that you are prepared with plenty of backup outfits. Keep in mind that outfits that are too tight or uncomfortable will be likely to make your baby fussy, so choose a wardrobe that is both cute and comfortable.
- Put your baby in loose clothing- Do you want your baby to be naked in the photo shoot? Ensure that you avoid any unnecessary wrinkles or imprint lines by putting them in a loose fitting outfit prior to their photo shoot.
- Make sure that your baby is comfortable- Bring whatever you need to make your baby comfortable, whether that be their favorite blanket, stuffed animals, pacifier, etc.
- Be prepared to be in some photos!- Although you may not want to be anywhere near a camera in your post-baby state, you may find that you are disappointed if you aren’t in any photos with your new baby. At the very least, we suggest getting a manicure or putting on your favorite outfit, so that you can feel confident.